QUALITY ASSURANCE AND ENHANCEMENT
The Quality Assurance and Enhancement team is part of the Academic Registry and, with the Associate Provost (T&L), has broad responsibility for overseeing the quality assurance and enhancement of teaching and learning, including assessment. HKUST aims to provide excellent educational programs at all levels. The quality of our programs is underpinned by quality assurance systems that enable all members of the University community to play a role.
- Secretariat to the Senate Committee on Teaching and Learning Quality (CTLQ) and the Committee on Undergraduate Studies (CUS)
- Developing and monitoring implementation of policies and procedures under the Quality Assurance Framework “Assuring Quality & Academic Standards at HKUST” and maintaining the website
- Supporting CTLQ oversight of Undergraduate Program Review and monitoring implementation of external review and accreditation outcomes
- Coordinating the Annual Reports on Teaching and Learning and the dissemination of Good Practices in Teaching and Learning
- Implementing the Senate procedures for the periodic external Review of Taught Postgraduate programs
- Managing the central facility for obtaining Student Feedback
- Supporting the University’s participation in QAC Audits and overseeing the implementation of quality audit outcomes
- Formulating and reviewing academic regulations
- Handling student regulatory matters including cases of exceptional approval
- Coordinating the development and approval of curricula, programs and courses in consultation with Schools/departments and academic support units
- Overseeing and publishing the University’s program/course documentation to ensure compliance with policies
- Coordinating workflows with different teams of the Academic Registry and Schools/Departments in matters related to academic administration
- Publishing the University Academic Calendar (2020-21, 2019-20), Program Catalog, Course Catalog, and the UG Curriculum Handbook.